The Idaho Heritage Trust reported this history of the Caldwell fountain:
The 6-foot by 8-foot fountain was donated by the national Humane Alliance and the Civic League of the Forward Club and was placed in front of the old City Hall. It is constructed of Maine granite, weighs five tons and is designed to provide drinking water for humans (top), horses (the bowl) and small animals (on the base). It remained in front of the City Hall as an historic monument until 1933 when it was moved to Memorial park. In 1989 it was put in storage until 1995 when the restored fountain was placed in Pioneer Park.
And so no one ever forgets the fountain check out this mural:
For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.