When Lewis Seavers, Secretary of the National Humane Alliance, traveled to Chickasa in April, 1911 to determine if they would be getting a National Humane Alliance, he was envisioning a small fountain for a small city. However, the visit convinced him that the larger fountain would be more appropriate and by June the mayor and city council approved the acceptance of the fountain shown above. Jonas Cook of the Chickasha Humane Society was the driving force behind Chickasha's successful effort to join Shawnee and Enid as Oklahoma cities gaining fountains. The city council approved the erection of the fountain at the intersection of Choctaw Avenue and Fourth Street. The installation was to be completed by August 31, 1911.
The fountain was eventually moved to the southwest corner of the Grady Memorial Hospital grounds at 21st and Iowa Avenue, but today it stands on the grounds of the Rock Island Depot Museum on West Chickasha Avenue. It looks to be in good shape though the water is not running.
For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.