Denton received its National Humane Alliance Fountain in the summer of 1911. According to the Denton Library's research, the credit for vigorously pursuing the donation of the fountain goes to Mrs. R. H. Garrison and the Women's Shakespeare Club. Lewis Seaver, secretary and treasurer of the Alliance, finally came to Denton and agreed to one of the smaller fountains for Denton to be placed at the southeast corner of the Courthouse Square. The fountain was installed on August 23, 1911.
By 1928 it was move to City Park (Quakerstown Park today) probably because of the advance of the automobile at the expense of horse power. In 1984 the fountain was restored by the City Federation of Women’s Clubs and the Denton Historical Commission.
Click here for a story by Laura Douglas, Senior Librarian - Special Collections at the Emily Fowler Central Library.
For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.