St. Anthony's Church

Under the patronage of St. Anthony of Padua, the Lithuanian founders of St. Anthony Roman Catholic Church were given sanction by the Pope to organize an ethnic parish after the Diocese of Hartford had refused their request. constructed in 1915, the elaborate white structure is graced by 12 stained glass windows portraying saints of the church. The choir loft still supports the original pipe organ. In front of the church stands a statue of St. Anthony of Padua.

Continue on Rt. 115 straight on to Seymour. The next stop will be the Old Congregational Cemetery.

37 St. Anthony's Church

BL00934_.WMF (460 bytes)               mapansonia.jpg (5014 bytes)