We're not quite sure what to make of the fountain in Buffalo, NY. What we do know - as you can see from this 1906 newspaper account and this record of the correspondence related to the fountain - is that Buffalo did receive a fountain in 1906 and installed it at Broadway, near East Washington St. in November. The local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals had spearheaded the effort to secure the fountain. One article in the Buffalo Enquirer referred to it as, "Something like an oasis in the desert, a beautiful drinking fountain for horses and dogs....".
However, a year later in another article seen below, the selected site proved to be an immediate problem because it interfered with the flow of traffic by a busy assortment of cartmen. The cartmen were willing to move it to another location, but we have no idea if it was ever moved or what happened to it. A 1913 article told the story of the many fountains once found in Buffalo.