Main Street - 1868
Downtown Derby - 1868
Our thanks to Randy Ritter who dug deep into the archives to find the map above and the listing of businesses below from Derby in 1868. Some of the buildings slated for demolition in the downtown project predate this map and listing including Nathan's Hall (aka Gould's Armory). Note that Main Street was also known as Second Street. First Street runs behind the buildings, but has not been used for decades.