Derby Live Chat
Live Chat is meant to be a tool for Derby residents and alumni as
well as anyone else interested in the community. You're invited to be a regular
participant. Please feel free to log-in and check for other users at any time. If your browser
supports Java, you should be able to participate. If you have an older browser that does
not support Java, you will have a message below telling you so.
Sunday Nights at 7:00 -
Education in Derby
Monday Nights at 9:00 -
Redevelopment in Derby
Tuesday Nights at 9:00 -
Government in Derby
Wednesday Nights at 9:00 -
Sports & Recreation in Derby
Thursday Nights at 9:00 -
Politics in Derby
Fridays at Noon - Senior
Issues in Derby
Saturday Mornings at 10:00 -
This site is not monitored for content, and users are advised
that they assume full responsibility for its use.
How to Chat
ParaChat | How to Chat | F.A.Q. | User Agreement | Guidelines | Chat Support
- To start chatting, enter your user name (any nickname) and click "Connect."
Your user name must be a unique chat user name and is valid for your current chat session.
You may also enter your real name, email address, and a password.
- Chat messages are displayed in the chat message area. To add to the conversation, type
in your message in the text box below the message area. By default your message is sent to
all users. To send a message to a particular user, highlight the user from the users list
on the right, select the 'Private User' radio button and type your message. Everything you
type will remain "private" until you turn 'Private User' off.
- To screen out obnoxious users, highlight the user from the users list on the right. And
select the 'Ignore User' check box.
- To end your chat session, click the 'Log Off' button.
- The 'About' button displays information about ParaChat in the message box.
- The 'Surf!' button opens a new browser and displays the last URL typed in the message
- The 'F.A.Q.' button displays the Chat F.A.Q. in a new browser. The F.A.Q. is the easiest
place to find tech support for ParaChat. If you do not find a solution for your problem in
the F.A.Q., please click on the 'Chat Support' link at the top or the bottom of the page
to report the problem.
- The 'Float' button displays the chat window in a floating browser.
Derby Home page