On the same side of the street, south of the Lampert house, we come to the Old Episcopal Graveyard. In 1738, John and Abigail Holbrook, interested in fostering the Anglican tradition, gave land adjoining their own property for the purpose of building a church and for a burying ground. The first Episcopal Church was built in 1746. It stood where the Reverend Richard Mansfield, the first permanent priest, with a rectorship of seventy-two years, is buried. The cemetery is still used by people who have family plots there.