1.) Howe House - 213 Caroline St.
The Howe House was the home of Dr. John Ireland Howe. It was built in 1848. Dr. Howe was the inventor of the Howe Pin Machine which mass produced "common" pins. The invention of this machine contributed to the start of the Industrial Revolution when mass production of products began.
Back to Derby Home page