Ansonia City Hall

Construction was completed in 1905. This new building replaced the old borough court property on Water Street. With police headquarters, city court, city clerk and tax collector under one roof, it was hoped that the differences, which had arisen in municipal affairs, would quietly disappear. 

In the front of the building on the left is a monument dedicated by the people of Ansonia to the men and women who served in all wars.  On the right, bordering Veterans Memorial Park, is a monument dedicated to all members of the Ansonia Volunteer Fire Department for unselfish and devoted service to their community. The 1989 Ansonia Centennial Commission presented this monument on April 29, 1990

anscityhall.jpg (89049 bytes)

36 Ansonia City Hall


BL00934_.WMF (460 bytes)               mapansonia.jpg (5014 bytes)