St Peter’s Episcopal Church founded in 1764. The present church was built in 1834, after a fire destroyed the original building. The “new” church follows a Gothic architectural design. Interestingly, the building once had a full steeple that no longer exists.
Next to St Peter’s Church is the Board of Education and Police Department housed in a building that was the original Town Hall built of native field stone in 1933.
Continue on Rt. 67 for less than .1 mile and trun right onto Academy Rd. bearing left along the small Town "Upper " Green.
Click picture for larger photo.